HAPPY (ALMOST) 4TH OF JULY!
We’re nearly halfway through 2021. As we approach that midpoint, it’s a good time to check in on the goals you and your team set in January.
Reflecting on the progress of the goals we set at the beginning of the year will allow us to adjust our paths to reach our goals in the second half of the year. We have the opportunity to consider the following key areas for Team Members: independence, growth mindset, and reengagement.
Before we dive into the Truvelop Tip, ask yourself the following questions:
- As a Manager, what positive changes have you made in the last 6 months?
- Have you and your team been flexible and resilient? If so, how?
- What needs to be accomplished in the next 6 months? How are you going to accomplish your goals?
- What development opportunities exist for each Team Member?
- Are there any barriers or challenges that may prevent success? How can we overcome them?
TRUVELOP TIP: ENCOURAGE AUTONOMY & GROWTH
With 76% of employees looking for career growth opportunities (Gallup), it’s important Managers help build autonomy and encourage a growth mindset for Team Members. Let’s find out how Managers can take on the rest of 2021 with Truvelop as a platform to reference and reflect!
- Reflect on what’s working. As Managers, we know resilience during challenging times is a key component to success. As we adjust our paths to reach our goals in the second half of the year, continue to do what’s working and take action on what needs improvement. Take a look at the Sparks you sent to Team Members back in January by searching for Goals in the Contextual Reporting. Are there any goals you need to check back in on? Send a Goal(s) Spark!
Employees who strongly agree that their managers helped them set performance goals are 69% more engaged compared to employees who did not have managers help them. (Gallup)
- Assess your talent landscape. With multiple data points to reference and reflect upon, look at how employee performance has changed from January to July. An easy way to look at this is by going to the Team Member’s Detailed Reporting. If you notice a Team Member tends to dip in performance during the summer months, make sure to step in. If a Team Member has become a top performer, celebrate them and find out if there are any developmental opportunities for them. Use the Manager Action to find out exactly what to do for your Team Member.
- Plan for change. Continue to prioritize flexibility, adaptability and resilience (check out our Truvelop Tips from January). Being a leader means going beyond simply managing tasks. We want our Team Members to be autonomous and continue to grow, and that starts with being a strong role model for exactly that. Take the time and initiative for your own growth opportunities. You can start right here with our resources in the Manager Resource Center.
Some of Our Best Manager Resources
- Goal-Setting in Truvelop
- How to Have More Effective Manager – Team Member Conversations
ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
We are thrilled to announce the unveiling of our Employee Resource Center. With our focus being on Team Member Autonomy and Growth, we decided that we needed to have a tool available for your Team Members to utilize so that they can take their development into their own hands with confidence.
TRUVELOP TIP: SUPPORT AUTONOMY WITH OUR EMPLOYEE RESOURCE CENTER
Our Employee Resource Center is very similar to our Manager Resource Center, making it easy for you to help your team navigate our newest aid.
- What Now, What Next? – Once a Team Member receives their employee assessment summary, what else can they be doing to develop their performance? Broken down into Lead, Engage, and Adjust, Team Members of all levels can read our guides and learn more about different conversations to have with their managers and some action items that they can prioritize.
- Optimizing Truvelop – Truvelop is a tool. It comes down to how the user leverages it. With Optimizing Truvelop, your Team Members can identify the many ways they can use the app throughout their development journey.
- How to Use the Truvelop App? – We know that our Managers are busy! That’s why we want to have videos at the ready that can help Team Members navigate the app and answer any questions about how Truvelop works. If there is ever a specific question from your Team Members about Truvelop, you can always send them our way at email@example.com or connect them with Meryl or Juliana.